The Audit Committee is a supporting organ under the Board of Commissioners. This committee was established to assist the Board of Commissioners to oversee the management of the company in accordance with the principles of Good Corporate Governance (GCG). Audit Committee members are appointed and dismissed by the Board of Commissioners and reported to the GMS.
AUDIT COMMITTEE GUIDELINES
The guideline used as a reference for the Audit Committee in carrying out its duties is called the Audit Committee Charter. The Audit Committee Charter is established based on the Decree of the Board of Commissioners Number: DK/24/11/7/PTP-2017, November 24, 2017. The guideline is compiled based on its functions and the applicable provisions in the company and adjusted to the applicable laws and regulations.
THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEE
The duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee as stated in the Audit Committee Guidelines include as follows:
- The Audit Committee works collectively in carrying out its duties to assist the Board of Commissioners
- The Audit Committee is independent in the performance of its duties as well as in the report and is accountable to the Board of Commissioners
- The Audit Committee assists the Board of Commissioners in ensuring the effectiveness of the internal control system and the effectiveness of the auditor’s performance of the Public Accounting Firm (KAP) and the Internal Audit Unit (IAU)
- The Audit Committee assesses the implementation of activities and audit results conducted by IAU as well as KAP auditors
- The Audit Committee provides recommendations on the improvement of the internal control system and its implementation
- The Audit Committee ensures that there are satisfactory review procedures for all information released by the company
- The Audit Committee identifies matters that require the attention of the Board of Commissioners as well as other tasks assigned by the Board of Commissioners
- The Audit Committee proposes to the Board of Commissioners for Annual Financial Report KAP auditor accompanied by reasons for the nomination and the amount of the proposed fee for the KAP auditor
- Special duties from the Board of Commissioners:
- The scope of work of the special duties for the Audit Committee is fully determined by the Board of Commissioners as long as it does not conflict with the applicable laws and regulations.
- In carrying out its special duties, the Audit Committee can do the following matters:
- Conduct a review of all necessary notes, documents, and other information including minutes of Board of Directors meetings and Board of Commissioners meetings if deemed necessary.
- Conduct an investigative audit with the Internal Audit Unit or ask for help from the experts or consultants to assist the Audit Committee.
- The Audit Committee submits a report on the implementation of the special duties to the Board of Commissioners.